Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hula Hooping





Charlie has learned the graceful art of hula-hooping and was eager to show me her skills today. She does pretty good for a 4-year old and manages to keep it up for 10 or 15 seconds at a time. With practice she'll soon be as good as her Grammie used to be.

Hula hoops became popular in the mid- to late 50's when I was 9 - 12. I got pretty good at it - good enough to win a contest at a picnic for the soldier's kids at the army base we were living in at the time (Base Gagetown, NB). I could start twirling at my waist and move it up to my neck and down to my knees without losing a beat or dropping it. Of course I was skinny as a rail and straight as a poker back then so it was pretty easy going for the hoop.

I'm glad to see that hula-hooping hasn't completely died out and that one of my offspring's offspring is following in her Grammie's footsteps.

Way to go Charlie!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And wouldn't it be great if you had photos of you doing the hoola hoop!!
Good for Charlie. Love the photos!

Kimberly said...

How ADORABLE! Love these shots! xoxo
Love them!
K