The first step is to drain the cherries on a paper towel covered plate, and cut them in half (each batch makes about 24 cherry balls)
2. Combine the icing sugar, coconut and dash of salt in a mixing bowl.
3. Add one stick (1/2 cup) softened butter. Mix well. I start out using a fork to break up the butter but end up mixing it with my fingers.
4. Flatten about a tablespoon of the coconut mixture in the palm of your hand and center a cherry half on it.
5. Roll the mixture around the cherry forming a small ball.
6. Drop the ball into a bowl of crushed graham wafer crumbs.