Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Scraplifting, Cousins, Geese, Etc.

Scraplifting - a wonderful tool for those of us who have a hard time coming up with our own ideas for scrapbook layouts. You look through scrapbook magazines, online galleries, websites, blogs,etc. until you find a layout that you would like to model one of your own after. I scraplift - a lot. When Mickey and I were out the other day we visited a couple of scrapbook stores. My eye was caught by a lovely layout that I thought would be perfect for using one of my pictures of Mum. So, after getting permission from the store clerk, I took out my camera and snapped a picture of the layout. I then bought the materials I needed to duplicate it, and, after making a few 'tweaks' to the original, ended up with this layout. I am very pleased with how it turned out, especially the pearl details.










I think I want to do a layout of this Canada Goose I saw in Winnipeg last week (one of many).








...and a layout or two of these sweet cousins (my grandkids) at my birthday party on Sunday.


James (Jammers) Quist - 2 years old





Nathan Quist (8) and Mackenzie Woolf (7)




Sydney Woolf (4) and Nathan Quist (8)



And there's just got to be a good layout for this one - our oldest grandson, Jonah Quist (13), was proud to demonstrate that he has passed his grandfather (Lloyd) in height. Guess it pays to have a Dad over six feet tall, especially when your mother (our Jenny) is only 5'2".



So I'm off to search for more layouts to scraplift.

4 comments:

Greg said...

HOLY SMOKES!! When did Jonah sprout? How tall is the fella now?

sara said...

Good for big Jo. It's about time we got some tall genes in the fam!

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job 'lifting'Pat!! It is beautiful.

JQ said...

Wow, I didn't realize he was that much taller. He doesn't have a good sense of it yet either. I asked him to get something out of the back of the truck and he started climbing inside and I'm like, "No, Dude. Just use your long arm." Easy peasy.