Saturday, September 6, 2008

Getting Gas...


It should have been simple. It should have taken a maximum of five minutes. It was not so simple. It took much more than five minutes.

Mickey, Mum and I had planned a few hours of fun time, having lunch, maybe going to the park, whatever we felt like doing. As I was driving to get Mickey I realized that I was out of gas. Fine. That's easy to remedy. I picked Mickey up and headed for the gas pumps at Safeway. Pulled into position, and realized that I didn't have my Safeway card or credit card with me because I had changed to my cute little pink purse which is just large enough to hold my small pink camera, my pink cellphone and my driver's license and debit card.


I needed my Safeway card so I could get a seven cent per litre discount on gas. Luckily Safeway is just a few blocks from home, so I went home and grabbed my purse and a hunk of banana bread I had baked earlier to give to Mickey, and we decided we could go to lunch before continuing our gassing up adventure.


So with lunch out of the way, and with the car smelling warmly of the fresh falafel Mickey bought after lunch to take home to her men, once again I positioned myself at the gas pump, got out of the car, grabbed my purse, only to realize that when I switched to my pretty pink mini-purse I had taken my wallet out of my big purse and left it on my bed. Damnation!


Once again I headed home, grabbed my wallet, and finally, after three tries, managed to fill the car up with gas...not to mention the smell of falafel and banana bread! And we were off to Costco for photos, photo albums, and free samples of goodies.

It was a fun day, although we ended up not going to the park because it was wet and rainy. And I think I'll stop switching purses.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laugh. Told the story to DH when got home. It did get us laughing and know how good that is for us all! The comment from your Mom though was precious "and she thinks I have problems". You may not have heard that Pat!! It was a fun afternoon.

Pat MacKenzie said...

I didn't hear that comment Mickey. Sounds just like her though.

Greg said...

You're the only person I know who says "damnation". Sorry to hear about your gas woes.

Debbie Y. said...

If it weren't so frustrating, it would be humorous. That's what us women get for trying to match colors and look cute. I always carry the same purse year round til it wears out and it's huge so I can fit everything in it, even my current book I am reading. LOL

Anonymous said...

i ran into mom at the gas station when she was taking this photo. i wondered why someone would stop where she did, then i saw the flash and i knew it must be mom.
that quote from grammie is hilarious.

Emtron said...

Oh my goodness Mum. Next time when you get to the pump, instead of scanning the card, just hit "Yes" and then enter 7804589707 (your old St. Albert number) and you'll get your discount. You're the only person I know that says "damnation", too.

Aleta said...

OMG - I've done that too many times to count. We love to accessorize, but then you have to make sure to put everything into the right purse. I've forgotten office keys, wallets, you name it!

Have you heard of the flat wallets? They are slightly larger in size than the regular wallets, but they are thin and flat. I think it's neat, but won't work in a small purse.

Kimberly said...

SO glad to know I'm not the only one having days like this! I'm glad you made it a fun day dispite the frustration too!
xoxo
Love ya,
K