Monday, October 5, 2009

This and That

Today was to be a quiet day spent at home relaxing and of course scrapbooking. When I came out of my room and sat at the computer at 8 this morning, I was pleased to see that Mickey was just getting up too. When I commented on this to her (she had been getting up early every morning and this was a nice change), she said "Oh, I'm just going back to bed. I've been up scrapping since 3:30). She's nuts. After another hour of sleep she was ready to go!

As I got to the top of the stairs after breakfast, I looked down, and tucked against the stair riser in the carpet I saw this critter...



Isn't that a beauty! Of course the scorpion was dead or else I would never have touched it. That's also why his tail is out straight instead of curled up. You can see his stinger at the end of the table. I know you can't tell from the picture, but he's no more than 2 inches top-to-tail and he's belly-up in this photo.

So naturally an incident like that called for a chocolate therapy session. Off we went to Arrowhead Mall where we headed to Mrs. See's Candy shop for our chocolate fix. It's so nice to be able to pick and choose the candy you put in a pound box. I got half a pound of key lime truffles and an assortment of my other favorites. Yum! We did a little more shopping too but that was the highlight.


Our feet and legs were tired when we got home, and it was too late (and a bit cool) for our daily swim, so we just sat on the edge of the pool and soaked our feet. Aaahhh...nice. We also played with the timers on our cameras so we could both be in the picture.

Sometimes I didn't make it back before the shutter clicked!


We met Penny and Les for dinner at The Islands - great meal, good friends, and fun. As we pulled into the parking lot the sun was setting in all its splendor. Someday I'll get a good sunset shot but this will do in the meantime.


All in all, it was a nice day, busier than we had planned, but we sure enjoyed ourselves. Tomorrow is our last day in Arizona. We head home on Wednesday.

3 comments:

Mickey said...

Yes all good things must come to an end! It's been a fun filled week! I looove Arizona!!

sara said...

I don't suppose you're bringing any key lime home for me??

Haf Dozen Reasons....... said...

You two sure know how to live it up!!!!! It was fun to read all about your fun in AZ.

I feel for you having to head back to the cold north!!