Friday, June 12, 2009

Layla Layout

As I've been sorting through all my scrapbooking stuff, I've come across some layouts I had planned to do 4 or 5 years ago, some started, others just put in plastic holders with pictures and papers. One series of pictures I started working on almost 5 years ago is of Layla's first professional photo shoot when she was 6 weeks old. She'll be 5 years old on July 8.


The layout you see here is nothing at all like I had envisioned back then. I didn't even use the paper I had thought was perfect for the pictures. I love this paper with the brown line drawings of flowers and the bird on a pink and white background, so I stayed with the brown and pink theme and added ribbon, a button, a bling flower and letters in her name, stickles sparkles on the bird and hearts, and used my Slice to cut the words - things I wasn't using, or weren't available, 5 years ago.

Sometimes it pays to procrastinate! I love this layout.

7 comments:

Emily M said...

so cute! love the little birdy

Kath said...

I love seeing your scrapping. You are very creative and have a good eye for it.

What a neat tradition "the tricycle pic".

And a beautiful snapshot of your daughter's family.

To answer your question- Yes my kids do read their bday blog post. In fact Seth couldnt wait to read his when I arrived in WY. But they dont read the blog on a daily basis.

Sara_HB said...

it's funny how Layla still looks just like "her" - even at 6 weeks.

Mickey said...

Love it Pat! I can see the stickles! Love the hearts and flowers, bird and the Slice words. It's a gorgeous layout. Won't Layla be surprised to see it!

Anonymous said...

Oh and did you sew on it?

Anonymous said...

That's got to be your cutest grandchild yet!

Amy said...

Ditto to Sara's comment. Layla is an original, sweet little girl.